restore your smile.
Missing teeth impact so much more than just the aesthetic of your mouth.
The function of your bite suffers with any gap. Losing certain teeth may even make this eating difficulty quite severe. The inability to properly bite or chew will inconvenience you, and risk the health of the rest of your body.
When teeth are lost and not replaced, the bone in the jaw will begin to recede, causing a sunken mouth and risking the damage and loss of adjacent teeth, as well.
Speaking is done as much with the tongue and teeth as it is with the lips. Gaps in the mouth will either slur otherwise clear speech, or cause the sufferer to re-learn certain sounds in order to bypass those difficult spaces.
Dental bridges and implant crowns are some of several ways to combat a gap left by missing teeth. If you have one or more missing teeth, getting them fixed up right away will dramatically improve your quality of life.
Read on to see if a bridge or a crown sounds like the right solution to restore your smile.
what is a bridge?
A dental bridge is a tooth restoration that creates a literal bridge from one healthy tooth, over a gap, and onto the next tooth. A crown is custom-made to fit over an entire damaged tooth or to top an implant rod.
Both of these restoration options will bring you quite a few great benefits.
- It restores your ability to speak, eat, and chew without any of the problems brought on by a gap.
- A restoration will alleviate excess stress on the bite. With a gap, the same amount of work must be borne by fewer teeth. Bridges and crowns redistribute this pressure.
- No more sunken mouth! Bridges and crowns both improve the shape and volume of your face by filling in that gap and preventing jawbone loss.
- This restoration is able to more permanently replace any temporary appliances.
- When gaps are present, teeth, gums, and the jaw sometimes shift. Replacing the lost tooth with a bridge or implant can prevent the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position.
- The aesthetic benefits are not to be discounted. Bridges and crowns will definitely enhance the appearance of your smile by filling the space with a synthetic tooth that is nearly impossible to tell from the real ones.
Brush Up: Continued Care for Your Smile.
Are Dental Veneers Right for Me? | Dentist in Lake Jackson TX
We often have visitors to our office ask about solutions for fixing stained teeth or filling in gaps … Continued
You Need to Know About Oral Thrush: Here’s Why | Dentist Lake Jackson TX
Even a healthy mouth is lined with bacteria. Normally, your daily oral hygiene routine helps prevent oral health … Continued
Make your smile a priority.
Schedule an appointment for your next dental appointment today.
Financing Worth Smiling About.
Don’t let cost deter you from scheduling the dental crown or dental bridge work you’ve been considering. DDS partners with the leaders in oral care financing to offer payment options personalized to your individual treatment needs.